I wanted to provide status of Altice’s efforts to restore services to Long Island communities. Altice has teams deployed around the clock in your communities to restore services as quickly as possible. We have made significant progress in restoring services, with the percentage of customers on Long Island without service due to the storm falling from more than 33% immediately following the storm to less than 4% today. However we will continue working diligently to ensure all our customers have their services restored, and I will do my best to provide more granular information on the status of customers in individual communities as soon as possible.
Below is additional information for you to share with your constituents relating to our services. Specifically, below are: 1) Trouble Shooting Tips for customers on Service Restoration, 2) Ways for Customers to Contact Us to Report Service Issues, and 3) Information on how to Request Credits.
Service Restoration: Trouble Shooting Tips
Once power has been restored to your home, your Optimum services should be back up and running. If you experienced a loss of power, it is best to restart your equipment using the following steps:
- Unplug your equipment from its power source.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your equipment back into the power source.
If your service does not return after restarting, it is possible that:
- The power that feeds our network in your area comes from a different commercial power source than the power that feeds your home or business location or there is another issue relating to network power that needs to be addressed. We are coordinating with the electric companies to identify these issues and ensure prioritization of repair or restoration.
- There is damage to the Optimum network, like a downed utility pole or wire break, and our crews are proactively working to rectify this type of damage to restore service.
We have created the opportunity for customers check on service status online by doing the following:
- Go to optimum.net/support/outage and sign in with Optimum ID and password. Next, under Support, located in the upper right corner, click “Service status”
Report Service Issues:
If you are experiencing a service issue, we have created four channels for you to advise us of your issue. Contacting Optimum via any of these channels will result in a trouble ticket being created that will direct a repair team to assess and address the issue:
- Visit optimum.net/support/outage
- Message Optimum at optimum.net/chat
- Send Tweet to @Optimumhelp
- Call (866) 950-3278
Request A Credit:
Customers may submit a request for a credit by completing the information at optimum.net/support/request-a-credit